26 November 2010

Forged letter as court evidence - Salehuddin Hashim

I have lodged a police report at 3 p.m. on 26 November 2010 at the Dang Wangi police station regarding a forged letter dated 2 February 2009 purportedly written by me as the Secretary-General of Parti Keadilan Rakyat then.

I only knew the existence of the letter after the lawyer for the plaintiff in the case Saman Pemula No: R1-24-104-2010 showed me the affidavit from Saifuddin Nasution, the current Secretary-General of PKR that states that one of the grounds of his action is the contents of the said letter which is actually forged letter.

I am lodging this police report hoping that a police investigation can be conducted to determine the person/persons responsible for the forgery, who may have their own reasons for doing so.

I am confident this forged letter has transgressed criminal and civil laws, and it has injured my reputation, implying that I am involved in untruthful and inaccurate actions.

I attached herewith a copy of the said letter, my affidavit in reply and the minutes of the PKR Political Bureau meeting dated 30 August 2009, 6 months later, which still acknowledges the membership of the said member.

I am disappointed with the actions of those behind this forgery which clearly shows that they believe the ends justify the means, and I am confident if these cohorts are put in power in Putrajaya, more government institutions will be abused as reflected in this case that I am reporting.

I will be calling a press conference in due course. Although I have fully retired from politics for nearly a year, with this case I am now dragged back into the national political arena. I accept this challenge in order to uphold the truth.



DATO' SALEHUDDIN HASHIM